YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
This Website – CLJPrime – (www.cljprime.com), including all of its features and content (the “Website”) is a service made available by CLJ Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. (“the Provider”) and all content, information and software (“Content”) provided on and through this Web Site may be used solely under the following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions of Use”). The Terms of Trade shall be construed as part and integral of these Terms and Conditions of Use.
By ticking on the “I Accept”, or similar column at the Subscription Form, you hereby agree to be bound by the Terms of Trade as well as these Terms and Conditions of Use.
1. You agree to keep confidential and take the necessary measures to secure your Website username and password, and not to divulge your username and password to other persons. Disclosure of a password allows others to view, alter your account records, may result in reduction of your account usage limits and your account being suspended.
2. In any case, you agree to be solely responsible for all usage of the Website authenticated with your username and password.
3. You shall not copy, reproduce (whether as a whole or any part thereof), disseminate, distribute, compile, sell, license, store or use the Content to create other database(s) or print publications and your use of the Website shall be in strict compliance with the provisions of the Copyright Act 1987 (Act 332).
4. You may use this Website for the purposes of rendering legal advice, preparing for courtroom litigation, or researching for professional or academic purposes and not for any other use unless specifically authorised. For avoidance of doubt, you shall not rely upon the information or contents of the Website as a basis for making any business, legal or any other decisions. By you using the Website, you shall exercise and conduct your own research to verify the accuracy, usefulness, completeness, or adequacy of the Contents or information contained in the Website. You hereby unconditionally and irrevocably expressly agree that your use of the Website is strictly at your sole risk and you shall have no claim in any manner whatsoever against the Provider in respect of your usage of the Website, including the contents or information contains herein.
5. Your usage limit is in accordance with the package you have subscribed to. In the event your annual usage from any single database is exceeded prior to the expiry of your subscription, you may top-up your account at a fixed rate per MB.
6. You shall not set robots, crawlers or software agents to retrieve the Content.
7. You accept, agree and acknowledge that any use beyond the scope of the permission expressly granted by these Terms and Conditions of Use would not be lawful authorised access or use.
8. The Provider shall remain as the sole and absolute legal owner and/or beneficial proprietor of the intellectual property of the Contents, including the copyright, trademark, confidentiality, legal rights, equitable rights, beneficial interest or other proprietary rights contained in this Website. You acknowledge that you shall acquire no right, title or interest in any intellectual property rights that is owned or licensed by the Provider. You shall not remove or alter any copyright, trademark, confidentiality or other proprietary notices that appear on any of the Contents, and you shall reproduce any such notices on any and all copies thereof. You shall not attempt to decompile, translate, reverse engineer or make excessive copies of any Contents.
9. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, the Contents and this Website are furnished “as is” and “as available”, without warranty of any kind, express, implied, statutory or otherwise, including any warranty of merchantability, fitness for any particular purpose, title, non- infringement, quality, usefulness, commercial utility, adequacy, compliance with any law, and implied warranties arising from course of dealing or course of performance or the validity of such intellectual property. Without limiting the foregoing, to the fullest extent permissible by law, the Provider shall not liable to you in any manner whatsoever, including any such liability arising out of or in connection with or resulting from: (1) the use of the Contents or Website; (2) any errors or omissions in any of the Contents or Website.
10. This Website may contain advertising and sponsorship. Advertisers and sponsors are solely and fully responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on this Website is accurate and complies with applicable laws, and the material do not infringe the rights of any third party, including any intellectual property rights, legal or equitable rights. The Provider shall not be responsible in any manner whatsoever for the illegality of or any error or inaccuracy in advertisers’ or sponsors’ materials or for the acts or omissions of advertisers and sponsors. The Provider may at its sole and absolute discretion remove any of such materials at any time.
11. Certain sections of this Website require you to register. If registration is requested, you agree to provide the Provider with accurate and complete registration information. It is your responsibility to inform the Provider of any changes to that information. Each registration is for a single individual only, unless otherwise specified in writing. The Provider does not permit: (1) anyone other than you to use the sections requiring registration through the use of your name or password; or (2) access through a single name being made available to multiple users on a network or otherwise unless express permission has been given in writing. You are responsible for preventing such unauthorized use. If you believe there has been unauthorized use, you must notify the Provider immediately.
12. The following applies to Postings in any interactive areas of the Website.
12.1. Postings to be Lawful
If you participate in interactive areas on this Website , you shall not post, publish, upload or distribute any messages, data, information, text, graphics, links or other material ("Postings") which is unlawful or abusive in any way, including but not limited to any Postings that are defamatory, libelous, pornographic, obscene, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inclusive of hate speech, or would constitute or encourage a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party (whether in law or in equity, including the intellectual property rights and contractual rights of others), or give rise to liability or violate any local, state, federal or international law, or the regulations of any Securities and Exchange Commission, such as the Malaysian Securities Commission, any rules of any securities exchange either intentionally or unintentionally. The Provider reserves the right to delete your Postings at any time for any reason without permission from you. You shall hold the Provider harmless and shall fully indemnify the Provider for any claim, demand, liability, damages, costs and expenses (on full indemnity basis and on solicitors-clients costs) arising from or related to or connected with or in relation to your posting, publication, uploading and/or distribution of your Postings.
12.2. Postings to be in Your Name
Your Postings shall be accompanied by your name and shall not be posted anonymously. Participants in interactive areas shall not misrepresent their identity or their affiliation with any person or entity.
12.3. No Monitoring of Postings
The Provider has no obligation to edit, monitor or screen Postings and is not responsible for the content in such Postings or any content linked from such Postings. Notwithstanding the foregoing the Provider reserves the right to examine from time to time, some or all, interactive areas for adherence to the Terms and Conditions of Use and to remove any materials that may be objectionable or violate the Terms and Conditions of Use.
14. The Provider reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions of Use at any time. Updated versions of the Terms and Conditions of Use will appear on this Website and will take effect immediately. You are responsible for regularly reviewing the Terms and Conditions of Use and the continued use of this Website will constitute your consent and agreement to such changes.
15. The use of this Website is governed by Malaysian law.
Your continued usage of this Website constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of Use, including the subsequent amendments, update and/or modifications at the time of your usage of this Website.
Updated as at 1 September 2023